Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2009

Intern? Slave? Same Shit, Different Name!

An intern's life is hard and many have compared today's internship system to the ancient concept of slavery.
At Filmateria, interns ARE slaves, seriously!

As TeamMarcoPolo produces new episodes of Florence and Rome, we all get drawn into the project. Today, I literally became the symbolic intern slave. Do you like my table cloth Toga?



We didn't get to actually shoot the scene today. I might be able to provide an update with an actual film still soonish.

Whereas I don't get paid for what I do in cash, I learn a lot on set, often get free food and drinks and I have plenty of fun. Of course part of the fun is that it is temporary ;-).

However, it does make me wonder if there were unknown advantages to being a slave under the Roman rule? Anyone got ideas? Might have been good for "Social Networking"? ;-)

Follow TeamMarcoPolo on Twitter to get more updates from the #tmpset!

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Huhu, warte auf einen letzten Eintrag! :-) Liebe Grüße, Re

The Emeraldcity hat gesagt…

here you go ;-) but I don't think it will be the last!